“I like to think that art has more to deal with transformation than to creativity: moving the boundaries of making art, using materials, changing its functions, transforming myself, people, society . creation ends, transformation evolves. “G.P.
Visual artist, he holds experience in the areas of installation, performance and video.
Primary the use of video medium, both for what concerns installations and performance, usually using direct shooting.
He lives and works between Turin and Biella.
Over the years he carried out his own research, creating at last a peculiar, personal language through the use of transparent materials, red threads, writings: minimal elements, both in his wall works and in performances and site-specific installations. In the last period his artistic research evolved in relation to Biella textile tradition, making use of the intertwining of plastic materials fabrics as his personal stylistic code.
- “Archeologia Futura” by Michelangelo Pistoletto and Gabriele Boccacini for the Biennale of Young Artists “BIG 2000” (Turin);
- “mirror” installation within “BIG 2000” (Caraglio, Cuneo);
- “Villaggio Globale” (Valletta, Malta) 2002;
- “Le Pareti della Solitudine” Cittadellarte-Fondazione Pistoletto (Biella) 2002;
- “Gemine Muse” (Biella) 2003;
- “100 times Stalker” (Glasgow, England) 2004;
- “Food Design” (Turin) 2004;
- “Gemine Muse” (Roman, Romania) 2004;
- “Art Luggage” (Catania) 2007;
- “13×17” Italy Pavilion ( Naples, Biella, Pescara, Palermo, Bologna, Rome, Venice) 2007-08;
- “Quotidiana” (Padua) 2007;
- “Paste for Pourpose, omaggio ad Augusto..” whit the Indian artist Rabindra Patra, Cittadellarte Fondazione Pistoletto (Biella)
- “13×17” Venice Biennale (Venice) 2012;
- “The Others” (Turin) 2013-14-15-16 editions;
- “Setup Art Fair” (Bologna) 2013-14-15-16 editions;
- “t_essere_territorio” 1.900 meters height installation-performance with Gabriella Maiorino (Netherlands) by Ewa Gleisner (Mucrone Lake, Biella) 2015;
- “SWAB” portanova12 gallery (BO) (Barcelona, Spain) 2015;
- Sharing Gallery (international on-line);
- “ogni 1000 metri cambia il mondo” a cura di Marco Albertaro, Riccardo Costantini Contemporary, Dogliani (CN) 2017;
- ”Paesaggio.Art.Lanskape” installazione ambientale (Viverone VC) 2017;
- ”Art&Photography 2018” on line, 2018;
- “Fino a qui” (Villa Schneider, Biella) 2002;
- “Alla Corte dell’Arte” (Andorno, Biella) 2004;
- “Rapporti A2” with Luciano Pivotto Officine CAOS (Torino) 2007;
- “BI-BOx1”, opening BI-BOx space (Biella) 2011;
- “Invasioni” Ex ENEL Palace – BI-BOx (Biella) 2013;
- “intrecci_in_tessuti” BI-BOx (Biella) 2014;
- “ricerca_d_identità” Paola Meliga Gallery (Torino) 2015;
- ”ricerca_d_identità” Adiacenze – Caravan SetUp (Bologna) 2015;
- ”intrecci_d_identità” provoqArt (Nizza FR) 2014;
- ”s_radicamenti, popoli, confini, migrazioni” Cortile Lagrange Palazzo Cavour (Torino)2016;
- ”solo show” SetUp Art Fair, Riccardo Costantini Contemporary (Bologna) 2016;
- ”second_skin” Cute Project residenza artistica (Kampala, Fort Portal, Uganda) 2017;
- “profil0” mostra personale Casa Zegna-Fondazione Zegna (Trivero-BI) 2017;
- “fereestill” mostra personale Fonderie Limone (TO) 2017;
- “Hospital Uganda second_skin” Galleria Accademia (TO) 2017;
- “panchine rosse contro il femminicidio” giardini Zumaglini (BI) 2018;
- “moveo_ergo_sum (piccoli movimenti rivoluzionari)” a cura di Sarah Lanzoni Galleria Après-coup (MI) 2018.
- ”frontera esta_tal” galleria Espronceda (Barcellona, E) 2018.
- ”piccoli movimenti rivoluzionari” galleriaLuisa Catucci (Berlino, D) 2018;
- “con_fini di lucro” Palazzo Ferrero, Biella (BI);
- ”viaggio in Portogallo_invito al viaggio” Palazzo Lamarmora, Biella (BI):
He was cured, among others, by: Antonio Arevalo, Guido Bartorelli, Philippe Daverio, Jean Blanchaert, Irene Finiguerra, Olga Gambari, Teresa Iannotta, Marina Mojana, Stefania Schiavon, Angela Vettese, Alessia Locatelli, Alice Zannoni, Sarah Lanzoni.
He collaborated with Michelangelo Pistoletto in Cittadellarte-Fondazione Pistoletto (Biella) from 1997 to 2004.
Curator for the City of Biella of the setting up of the permanent exhibition “Spazio della Memoria” in the underground spaces of Villa Schneider, dedicated to the memory of the Nazi-Fascist occupation of the villa, used as a place of tortures, interrogations and deportation.
He works regularly as a performer with the theatre company “Stalker Teatro” in Turin since 1997, making experiences in Italy and abroad (France, Spain, Portugal, Poland, Israel, United Kingdom, Malta). He realized with the company national and international co-productions, working with: Akademia Ruchu (Poland), Gabriella Maiorino (Netherlands), Ex Nihilo (France), Scene Plastyczna (Poland), Eugenio Barba (Denmark), Remondi & Caporossi (Italy), Pierre Byland (France) , Marigia Maggipinto (Italy).
He realizes artistic collaborations with companies and private people: “profondità di tela”, installation for “Filrus” advertising campaign (Italy) 2012; “persone – numeri – banca”, installation for the cover of “WelcomeBank” book, Napolitano and Visconti, Egea ed. (Milan) 2011, Cover of the last Lomè cd, from 2013 he collaborates with the Ermanegildo Zegna Foundation and Casa Zegna (Trivero BI).
Director of the inaugural ceremony of the International Special Olympic 2014, 2015 and 2017.
He collaborated with several artists, among them: the visual artist Laura Testa, with whom he performs installations and performances since 2000; the Italian choreographer Gabriella Maiorino, a resident in the Netherlands and the Indian artist Rabindra Patra. Since 2014, he collaborates continuously with the Polish photographer Ewa Gleisner.
Founder and president of the association the “Pecora elettrica” cinema.
Founder in 2013 with a group of cultural anthropologist of the association ramodoro – anthropology for the community. The non-profit – thanks to the mediation of art – wants to bring anthropology into the daily life of society to foster dialogue between people and develop a fairer society.
Founding member of “Love Difference” at Cittadellarte Fondazione Pistoletto-culture of the meeting.
Founding member of the “+vicino” association -processes of social and cultural innovation, looking at concepts such as participatory democracy, gender equality and human rights, sharing economy, smart city, eco-sustainability and territorial development, it is proposed to promote the growth – human, social, cultural, artistic – of the local community, starting from single people, from small groups and inserting them into a broad design.
In 2018, he gave lectures to present his work at the Naba (New Academy of Fine Arts in Milan) and at the Bocconi University (Milan).
Collaborates with the Philosophy Department of Turin University on experimentations concerning visual perception.
Teacher of Camera and Video Editing at the “Albe Steiner” Institute in Turin, Audiovisual specialization.
Participates with several videos at international festivals: with the “più vicino” (closer) movie, realized with Beppe Anderi and with the participation of Michelangelo Pistoletto, sold and distributed by Universal Studio in: “Torino Film Festival” 1999, “Arcipelago” Rome, “Visioni italiane” Bologna, “Bellaria Film Festival” and with the videos “passaggi a nordovest ’98, ’99, ’00, ’03” (passages to north-west), realized with Alessandro Amaducci, Beppe Anderi and Barbara Rossi.
Realizes video documentations broadcast on RAI Arte. In 2004, takes part as guest in the “Turin Film Festival” and “Rome Film Festival” with the documentary “viaggio nel silenzio del tempo” (voyage into the silence of time), an interview to Aleksandr Sokurov. In 2006, realizes the documentary “mondi allo specchio” (worlds in the mirror) with Fabio Pettirino, produced by Love Difference/Cittadellarte – Pistoletto Foundation, Regione Piemonte, Cassa di Risparmio di Biella Foundation.
Curator (together with Grazia Paganelli and Giuseppe Gariazzo) of the show and catalog “Cinemadisvolta” for Cittadellarte – Pistoletto Foundation since 2005, and curator (together with the pre-mentioned) of the first edition of the “International Contest of VideoStory” 2008, in Cittadellarte.
Actor in film productions with the directors: Cristina Andreone “Password” 1997; Beppe Anderi “Viaggio nella città di carta” 2001, “Senza fine di lucro” 2002; Cocito and Pastore “Come fossili cristallizzati nel tempo” 2000; Corso Salani “I casi della vita” 2009; “Dracula 3D” Dario Argento 2012.